LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK: dead link on the website

Dear Mark,
We are testing extensively the LAPACK library and we know more or less the
behavior on most popular machines.
Usually the problem comes from the compilers flags or BLAS library. That's why
I always advice to go with the Reference BLAS first.
We have some (tortured) tests that will never pass on some machines. I agree,
we need to take a closer look on those.
We are working on changing those LAPACK testings as they are confusing to users.
Here would be my guidelines
1) Test completed successfully without seg fault
2) No illegal error
3) No info error
4) No severe error
5) Between 200-500 tests failing (usually around 280 is the minimum [this is
exactly what you have])

and that's it.
If you have a serious problem, failing tests will go above 1000.
Hope it helps
Julie