LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Stack-overflow in test routine xeigtstz

Hi everybody!

While installing lapack-3.3.0 I encountered a segmentation fault when
running the testing routine xeigtstz. I was able to reproduce the error
with both gfortran-4.5 and gfortran-4.6 in "Release" and "debug" mode
for lapack-3.3.0 and the SVN trunk version.

Since the problem exclusively occurs when adding the "-frecursive" flag
to CMAKE_Fortran_FLAG, I suspect it to be due to a stack overflow
(-frecursive adds the RECURSIVE statement to all functions and thus
causes local arrays to be stored on the stack). However I require this
flag, since I concurrently call LAPACK routines from several threads,
and the -frecursive flag prevents concurrent access to the same memory
space. I believe that the problem could be solved by omitting the
-frecursive flag for the test routines, where no concurrency takes
place, and limit its use the the actual library routines. Anyhow, I
would like to verify this assumption.

Is there a way to use different flags for the test routines or do you
have any other suggestions how to resolve the issue?

Any help would be appreciated. If you have any further questions, please
do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
Claas

P.S. Some technical details, which might help:

Platform: openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64)
OS: Linux 2.6.37.1-1.2-desktop x86_64
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU 660 @ 3.3 GHz

--
Claas H. Koehler

German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Member of the Helmholtz-Association

Remote Sensing Technology Institute (IMF-AP)
Earth Observation Center

Muenchner Str
82234 Wessling
Germany