LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] [lapack] 32-bit GCC errors

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, julie langou wrote:

Hi Mark,
I finally found a machine with the PGI compiler.
I tried both 32 and 64-bit version and everything was fine. I did not use any
special flags for compilation. Output is below
I am using pgf90 11.3-0 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp gh
Julie

Hi Julie,

Firstly, my sincere thanks in persevering this far with my report.

However, I'm at a loss to explain what is going on. Your result is similar
to what I saw under 32-bit mode, but not 64-bit. Attempting to reproduce
your 64-bit compile as much as possible resulted 843 numerical errors.

* "pgf90 -V" gives:
   pgf90 11.3-0 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp nehalem

* Relevant bit of BLAS include file:

   FORTRAN  = pgf90
   OPTS     =
   DRVOPTS  =
   NOOPT    =
   LOADER   = pgf90
   LOADOPTS =

* Relevant bit of LAPACK 3.3.0 include file:

   FORTRAN  = pgf90
   OPTS     =
   DRVOPTS  =
   NOOPT    =
   LOADER   = pgf90
   LOADOPTS =

* Output of your testing check script appended below - 843 failures.

Could it be related to Linux distribution? I'm running RHEL 5.6 (but with
a 5.5 kernel).

Mark
Mark Dixon                       Email    : m.c.dixon@Domain.Removed
HPC/Grid Systems Support         Tel (int): 35429
Information Systems Services     Tel (ext): +44(0)113 343 5429
University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK

  RESULTS
      - numerical failure:
  CST drivers:      4 out of  11664 tests failed to pass the threshold
  CPB drivers:      2 out of   4750 tests failed to pass the threshold
  CLS drivers:      1 out of  65268 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DXV drivers:    200 out of   5000 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  DBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SXV drivers:     37 out of   5000 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SBD drivers:     56 out of   8360 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SLS drivers:      3 out of  65268 tests failed to pass the threshold
  ZXV drivers:     24 out of   5000 tests failed to pass the threshold
  CPB:     11 out of   3458 tests failed to pass the threshold
  SPB:      1 out of   3458 tests failed to pass the threshold
  value of largest test error             =    0.189E+01
  value of largest test error             =    0.160D+01
  value of largest test error             =    0.197E+01
  value of largest test error             =    0.189D+01
  value of largest test error                  =   0.148D+01
      - illegal error:     0
      - info error:        0
      - severe error       0