LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] CLAPACK installation crosscompiling question

Martin,

F2CLIB is Only used to generate (your) executables, for example the
testing routines is complied like this:

gcc     dchkab.o ddrvab.o ddrvac.o derrab.o derrac.o dget08.o alaerh.o
alahd.o  aladhd.o alareq.o chkxer.o dlarhs.o dlatb4.o xerbla.o dget02.o
dpot06.o \
                ../../INSTALL/second.o \
                ../../INSTALL/dsecnd.o \
        ../../tmglib_LINUX.a ../../lapack_LINUX.a ../../blas_LINUX.a
../../F2CLIBS/libf2c.a -lm -o xlintstds && mv xlintstds
../xlintstds

Peng

Dear LAPACK-team,

We want to use the LAPACK library for an embedded C++ application on a
power-pc running a Debian Linux OS. As it can't be compiled on that
system, we use a cross compiler. The problem I'm facing now is that in the
installation instruction creating libraries and testing routines is so
intertwined that I can't see which steps are necessary to build the
libraries (with the cross-compiler) and which parts are running to create
intermediate programs needed for the further creation process and
therefore must be compiled with a Compiler for the host architecture.

Is it even possible to use that instruction on a cross-compiling base?
E.g. the F2CLIB create a file a.out that is called by the Makefile to run
on the host but is compiled for the target, so I had to edit the Makefile
to make it work and still don't know if the library created can be used on
the target (however, where do you need the f2clib? On the host, or on the
target, or on both?). Or, as a second example, the Makeblat2 for the
BLAS/TESTING files uses the BLAS library compiled for the target, but the
resulting xblat2_  needs to be run in step 4 on the host?

I would be glad if you could help me in that matter

Martin Dietz

Stierst?dter Stra?e 5
60488 Frankfurt
Office Phone: +49 69 79304104
Office Fax: +49 69 79304511
Private mobile phone : +49 1765 2659053
e-mail: martin.dietz@Domain.Removed

Sitz/Head Office:
Registergericht/Registry Court:
Handelsregisternummer/Commercial Register No.:
Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich gesch?tzte Informationen
enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail
irrt?mlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.
P Vor dem Drucken der Mail bedenken Sie bitte, dass der Baum, der f?r das
Papier gef?llt wird, auch auf Ihren Fu? fallen kann!

e-mail is strictly forbidden.
P Before printing this email, please consider that the tree cut for the
paper could even fall on your