LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Inquiries on LAPACK

Hi.

1. In the server I am using, the IT staff has installed LAPACK, but I faced the
problem when running my EOF program. This is my first time had this problem, as
I have never had this kind of problems in my previous institution.
    The command I used to compile my program (eof.f) is:
    pgf90 -llapack -lblas -lacml -mcmodel=medium eof.f (the compilation went
well).
    But, when I run it, I had this warning:
    ** ACML error: on entry to DSYEV  parameter number  5 had an illegal value

   I tried to find out some solutions from internet, but I could not find it.

It means that the LDA parameter passed from eof.f to DSYEV is either less than
the N parameter or less than 1.
(See: http://www.netlib.org/lapack/double/dsyev.f )

2. I added -lacml, as I had the following errors (when did not write -lacml) :
   eof.o: In function `eigen_':
   eof.f90:(.text+0x169a): undefined reference to `dsyev_'

The reference dsyev_ is in an LAPACK library, so you need to add one.

The linkage -llapack -lblas should have suffice though if -llapack and -lblas
are what they are supposed to be ...

Adding -lacml helps if (  -llapack -lblas  ) is not correct.

 The IT staf told me that the problem may come from my program, but I don't
think it comes from my program, as I used the program before, and it worked
well, but I used different server (

Well this is ackward though because if acml is a well respected lapack library.

 3. Today, I tried to install LAPACK in my home directory. I downloaded
lapack3.3.1 from http://www.netlib.org/lapack/.
    I changed little bit the make.inc and compiled it. But, I found the error
message as:
    /usr/bin/ld: BLAS/blas_LINUX.a: No such file: No such file or directory

Why not. all you need to do now is type "make blaslib" to make a reference blas
library.
Then for the linking something like:
pgf90 -mcmodel=medium eof.f PATH_TO_LAPACK/lapack_LINUX.a
PATH_TO_LAPACK/blas_LINUX.a
When the exe runs:
if you have a correct run, this might mean there is a mistake in ACML (weird)
of something even weirder is happening somewhere
if you have an error, this probably means that eof.f does not set up the LDA
parameter correctly.

Cheers,
Julien