LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Lapack manpages: Invalid macros

Thank you again Tobias,
Indeed the generation of man pages is not great. I completely agree.
We are going to move to Doxygen to generate manpages. It should be available
for the next release.
It should hopefully be better.
Julie
On Sep 9, 2011, at 9:34 AM, Tobias Burnus wrote:

Hello,

I get the following warnings for the Lapack manpages:

|W: manual-page-warning /usr/share/man/man3/slaqr3.3.gz 351: warning:
macro `NOT.BULGE' not defined
W: manual-page-warning /usr/share/man/man3/dlaqr3.3.gz 351: warning:
macro `NOT.BULGE' not defined
W: manual-page-warning /usr/share/man/man3/lsametst.3.gz 53: warning:
macro `NOT.LSAME(' not defined
W: manual-page-warning /usr/share/man/man3/slaqr2.3.gz 317: warning:
macro `NOT.BULGE' not defined
W: manual-page-warning /usr/share/man/man3/dlaqr2.3.gz 317: warning:
macro `NOT.BULGE' not defined|

The problem is code like:

IF(
.NOT.BULGE ) THEN

However, I have the feeling that the script generating the manpage is
broken as for slaqr3 not only the function name/declaration is shown but
also the code itself - and very oddly formatted:

First, it looks OK:

       SUBROUTINE SLAQR3( WANTT,  WANTZ,  N,  KTOP, KBOT, NW, H, LDH, ILOZ,
                          IHIZ, Z, LDZ, NS, ND, SR, SI, V, LDV, NH, T, LDT,
                          NV, WV, LDWV, WORK, LWORK )

           INTEGER        IHIZ, ILOZ, KBOT, KTOP, LDH, LDT, LDV, LDWV, LDZ,
                          LWORK, N, ND, NH, NS, NV, NW

But then:

           LWKOPT         = MAX( JW+MAX( LWK1, LWK2 ), LWK3 )

           END            IF

           IF(            LWORK.EQ.-1 ) THEN

           WORK(          1 ) = REAL( LWKOPT )

Regards,