LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Question about matrix equations

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a postdoc working on biomedical imaging at Harvard Medical School. I came
across a problem seemed related to Sylvester equations during optimizing my
experimental setup.

I searched online and found LAPACK library on your website. So I am writing
this email seeking your help.

All are 2*2 matrices with complex values (all are nonzero)
P1 and P2 : known with small errors
Q1 and Q2 : known with small errors
X and Y: unknown

X?P1?Y = Q1
X?P2?Y = Q2

It seems a generalized Sylvester equation (with G=H=0)

I am just wondering whether it is solvable by using "ZTGSYL.f"in LAPACK.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Kind Regards,

(Ellen) Ziyi Zhang
Research fellow
Harvard Medical School
Wellman Center for Photomedicine
Massachusetts General Hospital
40 Blossom St., Barlett Hall 722
Boston, MA 02114
Tel: 617-726-0157
Fax: 617-726-4103
Email: zzhang0@Domain.Removed

contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at . If the e-mail was sent to you in error
dispose of the e-mail.