From: Clint Whaley [whaley@Domain.Removed]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 4:02 PM
To: lapack@Domain.Removed; Langou, Julien
Cc: whaley@Domain.Removed
Subject: widespread failures in dgd.out

Guys,

If I build lapack 3.3.1 or 3.4.0 from the tarfiles (with f77blas), and then
do a "make double" in TESTING/, then when I scope dgd.out I see:

 DXV drivers:    200 out of   5000 tests failed to pass the threshold

When I look at these errors, many are of size 10^3, which often doesn't mean
error at all, but quite a few are more like 10^7, which usually indicates
a real error.

Is this behavior expected and what is the explanation?

Many thanks,
Clint