LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Patches to test suite of BLAS for LAPACK-3.4.0

Hi Harald,

Thanks a lot! Good catch ....

We did move to Fortran 90+ intrinsic EPSILON() for LAPACK/SRC (as your probably
know), but indeed we totally
missed to propagate the change to BLAS/TESTING. BLAS/TESTING is indeed
computing EPSILON ala Fortran 77
way ... the computation is inlined .... and does not call xLAMCH .... So (1) we
missed it and (2) an optimized
compiler will likely trash this. See lines 280 to 290 of
LAPACK/BLAS/TESTING/dblat2.f for example.

We will be working on fixing this and let you know when fix. Thanks for
reporting. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Julien.

[[[ example of guilty lines: lines 280 to 290 of LAPACK/BLAS/TESTING/dblat2.f
]]]

*
*     Compute EPS (the machine precision).
*
      EPS = ONE
   90 CONTINUE
      IF( DDIFF( ONE + EPS, ONE ).EQ.ZERO )