LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Issue cross compiling for arm

We are working on cross compiling octave for an arm architecture.  We need
to also cross compile the dependencies included BLAS and LAPACK.  Got
non-optimized version of BLAS cross compiled no problem (obviously want to
optimize after proof of concept worked out), but got errors such as these
when cross compiling LAPACK:

./testlsame: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
./testslamch: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
./testdlamch: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
./testsecond: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
./testdsecnd: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
./testieee: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
./testversion: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

It seems it is trying to run some tests on the build machine (linux x86),
but these .o files were cross compiled for an arm architecture.  So, is
there a basic guide for cross compiling LAPACK?  Is there a prescribed
workaround?  Is this the correct email address to ask these questions, or
is there a better method?

Thanks,
Corbin