LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Patch for Versioned Shared Libraries, et al

Dear Sirs and/or Madams:

        I have a patch to the build machinery in LAPACK 3.4.0 that allows for
creating versioned shared libraries (e.g., liblapack.so.3.4.0, symlinked as
both liblapack.so.3 and liblapack.so) that contain $ORIGIN in the RPATH (so
that one library can by default find its dependencies), and that are linked
with -z defs to make sure there are no unresolved symbols.

        There is probably a more savvy way to do what I've done, but it's a
start and the only really ugly thing about it is the way I've set VERSION and
SOVERSION for liblapack and libtmglib in CMakeLists.txt.

        I hope this helps!

--
Chris BeHanna
cbehanna@Domain.Removed