LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Problems with ilaenv_ in CLAPACK package 3.2.1

Dear LAPACK Team,

Maybe this error is already known, in the forum I found an entry about a
bug in ilaenv in CLAPACK-3.2.1, but what the CyLith claimed (copying wrong
string lengths) is harmless compared with what I detected, and I don't
know if that what chengiz said is the problem I found.

In line 188 you copy the first character from name__ to the1-char buffer
subnam. When filling the 1-char buffer c1 you copy the content from subnam
to c1 (so far correct), but when filling c2 you try to access the address
of subnam+1 as source for the string, which is either the pointer to
ieeeck_ or the pointer to iparmq_ depending in which order the compiler
fills the stack, but not the second character of the name__ parameter
when filling c4 the code even tries to access c3+1 which is the address of
c4 itself.

And one more question: Why does the code compare c2 with 2-letter-string
constants and c3 with 3-letter strings, if even the call to s_cmp declares
to just compare the first letter? It makes much of the code redundant if
you compare to "QRF" and "QLF", or is this intended, just for readability?

Regards

Martin Dietz

Stierst?dter Stra?e 5
60488 Frankfurt
Office Phone: +49 69 79304104
Office Fax: +49 69 79304511
Private mobile phone : +49 1765 2659053
e-mail: martin.dietz@Domain.Removed

Sitz/Head Office: Mannheim
Registergericht/Registry Court: Mannheim
Handelsregisternummer/Commercial Register No.: HRB 10111
Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich gesch?tzte Informationen
enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail
irrt?mlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.
P Vor dem Drucken der Mail bedenken Sie bitte, dass der Baum, der f?r das
Papier gef?llt wird, auch auf Ihren Fu? fallen kann!

e-mail is strictly forbidden.
P Before printing this email, please consider that the tree cut for the
paper could even fall on your foot!