LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] QR in Lapack

Hi.

Congrats for successfully using DGEQR2!

Note that if you go to larger size you will want to use DGEQRF which uses level
3 BLAS in conjunction with an optimized BLAS routines.
But if you are happy with your time to solution keep it like that. For 4x3, you
are just fine.

To extract Q, you need to use DORGQR. Please read the doc and come back to us
if problems.
Note that some times you do not want Q but you want to apply Q to a bunch of
vectors, in which case,
it is better to use DORMQR.

Of course you can first compute Q with DORGQR and then apply Q by a straight
matrix-matrix multiplication, but this is less efficient (in general) than
DORMQR.
Of course you can first compute Q with DORMQR by applying DORMQR to the
identity, but this is less efficient (in general) than DORGQR.

Julien.

On Sep 27, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Roy P Koomullil