LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Building LAPACK on OSX 10.8.2

Hi,

sorry to email, but everything I try to post on the forum gets flagged
as spam no matter how much I try to sanitize it.

I tried following the suggestion from the "Install on OS X Lion" forum
thread:

To do so edit your make.inc and for BLASLIB put
BLASLIB= -framework accelerate
You will just need to do make after that, and all the LAPACK testing
will be linked with the Mac OS/X Accelerate Framework

to build LAPACK using the accelerate framework on OS X Mountain Lion,
but after a lot of gfortran statements that looked okay, the text at the
bottom of this email was printed to the terminal.

Does anything else need to be changed to work with Mountain Lion
compared to Lion, or is something else wrong?  My gfortran version is
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.7.2, and I am trying to build LAPACK 3.4.2.

(My hope was to be able to build SciPy using this LAPACK.  When I do the
default SciPy build, SciPy fails 64 of its unit tests with 63 of the
errors being related to sparse matrices.  In this discussion:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1737 , it was found that building
with netlib LAPACK fixed these errors.  I was hoping that the using
netlib LAPACK with Accelerate would fix these failures for me.  I don't
think I can build ATLAS myself like the person in that discussion
because I am using an Intel i7 MacBook Pro and there is no way to turn
off CPU throttling.)

Will

gfortran  -O2 -c zblat1.f -o zblat1.o
gfortran  zblat1.o \
         -framework accelerate  -o ../xblat1z
( cd BLAS; ./xblat1s > sblat1.out    ; \
                ./xblat1d > dblat1.out    ; \
                ./xblat1c > cblat1.out    ; \
                ./xblat1z > zblat1.out    )

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
reference.

Backtrace for this error:
#0  0x1014d20ee
#1  0x1014d2804
#2  0x7fff95fc38e9
#3  0x7fff916ec3a4
#4  0x1014ca156
#5  0x1014ca4bb
#6  0x1014ca54e
/bin/sh: line 1: 11994 Segmentation fault: 11  ./xblat1c > cblat1.out

#0  0x1093ea0ee
#1  0x1093ea804
#2  0x7fff95fc38e9
#3  0x7fff916ec748
#4  0x1093e0de6
#5  0x1093e114d
#6  0x1093e11ee
/bin/sh: line 1: 11997 Segmentation fault: 11  ./xblat1z > zblat1.out
make: *** [blas_testing] Error 139