LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Files with too restrictive license in lapack-3.4.2.tgz

Julie,

julie langou wrote:
Let's remove them, I am going to write some new one's. We had green light
from Intel to use them, but I did not check what's was in the header. Thank
you for pointing it out.

I stumbled over the issue when looking at the lapack.spec file of a
Linux distribution, which excluded them from packaging with the comment
that license doesn't permit (the distribution) to ship it.

"We had green light from Intel to use them" ? Well, I assume that they
are okay to ship, even if the header says otherwise. Thus, I wouldn't be
surprised if Intel would agree to re-license them. However, writing a
new example from scratch is also fine.

Tobias