LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] BLAS and LAPACK on Mac OS X (10.8.4)

Hi,

I am trying to build a shared lapack library on my mac book pro with OS X
10.8.4.
As a first step I build libblas.dylib, I am aware of the fact that Mac does
have a default build for that but for some of the system setups and experiments
we need to have our own working build on Mac. So using system default is not
being considered as one of the options.

I am using the source tar ball from net lib website and version lapack-3.4.2.
After making a few modifications to the Makefile esp. changing the library
extension to dylib and then using the -dynamic, -fPIC and -O2 flags with
gfortran. I get no errors when I build libblas.dylib.
Then the next step I try is
make blas_testing

And when I look at the level 2 and level 3 tests, the output files have similar
errors such as

ROUTINES PASS COMPUTATIONAL TESTS IF TEST RATIO IS LESS THAN   16.00

 RELATIVE MACHINE PRECISION IS TAKEN TO BE  1.2E-07

 ** On entry to SGEMV parameter number  1 had an illegal value

I want to know if this is some known error, or what is causing tests 2 and 3 to
fail.
Let me know if you need any more information.

Using a static build (libblas.a) on Mac I didn't get any error in tests.

Thanks,
Saba