LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] incorrect RWORK size for ZGESDD

Thank you Kevin for reporting the problem
we added the bug to our bug list
http://netlib.org/lapack/Errata/index2.html

We should take a look at it very soon.
On Aug 13, 2013, at 1:13 AM, Kevin Squire <kevin.squire@Domain.Removed> wrote:

I'm one of the developers of Julia.  We were following the recommendation for
RWORK size calculation from the ZGESDD header here (
http://netlib.org/lapack/complex16/zgesdd.f), and were finding that when
INFO='N', the size was insufficient, and generally led to a segmentation
fault.

The current definition says that "If JOBZ = 'N', LRWORK >= 5*min(M,N)", but
we found that the minimum size needed to be at least 7*min(M,N).  This was
through experimentation and comparison with code from Numpy and Octave, so
you may wish to verify this through the code.

Relevant Julia links:
https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/3966
fix: https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/commit/484a9f0892
https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/4016