From: <Gualario>, James C
<james.c.gualario@Domain.Removed<mailto:james.c.gualario@Domain.Removed>>
Date: Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:47 PM
To: "lapack@Domain.Removed<mailto:lapack@Domain.Removed>"
<lapack@Domain.Removed<mailto:lapack@Domain.Removed>>
Cc: "Besl, Paul J"
<paul.j.besl@Domain.Removed<mailto:paul.j.besl@Domain.Removed>>
Subject: [Lapack] Inquiry regarding Blas Source Code License

Hello,

My name is James Gualario and I work at Intel Corporation.  Recently my team
found the Netlib Blas source useful in a project we are creating and I would
like to make sure we adhere to any licensing requirements necessary.  After
reading the FAQ on your website, I realized that no specific license has been
called out for Blas sources.  From the FAQ we have the following:

2) Are there legal restrictions on the use of BLAS reference implementation
software?

The reference BLAS is a freely-available software package. It is available from
netlib via anonymous ftp and the World Wide Web. Thus, it can be included in
commercial software packages (and has been). We only ask that proper credit be
given to the authors.

Like all software, it is copyrighted. It is not trademarked, but we do ask the
following:

If you modify the source for these routines we ask that you change the name of
the routine and comment the changes made to the original.

We will gladly answer any questions regarding the software. If a modification
is done, however, it is the responsibility of the person who modified the
routine to provide support
Intel will adhere to these requirements.  If you can kindly let me know what
license (if any) that the code is under we will adhere to it as well.

Thanks you for your help!

James Gualario
Intel Corporation ? Developer Relations Division
Email: james.c.gualario@Domain.Removed<mailto:james.c.gualario@Domain.Removed>
Phone: 916-356-5504