LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] JL(ambda)PACK idea

Hi all,
A coworker of mine is using LAPACK and is using JNI calls to call the
Fortran version.  I noticed that the JLAPACK project is availalbe, but it
looks kind of old.  I was wondering if it would be of any interest to
regenerate a modern version of JLAPACK based on the November 2013 release
of LAPACK, decompile it, and update it to use the new forEachParallel,
Lambda, and Stream features that are being added in Java 8.  It would be
interesting to see the before and after performance increases and API call
simplifications as well, and it could also be a great way to test & explore
the new Java 8 features.

Thanks,
Jim