LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] JL(ambda)PACK idea

Hi Julie,
I'm glad you like the idea!  I noticed that F2J is written in C/C++, and
unfortunately I'm not terribly familiar with C\C++ and haven't written
parser generators before either.  Java may have the ability to run on GPUs
in the not too far future (there's a project called Sumatra that is
underway), so my hope is that by leveraging Lambdas LAPACK would be able to
run on Java using GPU hardware when the time comes.

I also noticed that the PLASMA project has boasted that they have more
efficient algorihtms -- should I look at it as a starting point instead, or
would LAPACK be a better starting point?

Thanks so much,
Jim