LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Fwd: LAPACK and INTEL MKL

(  solved  )

Begin forwarded message:

From: NelsonJT <nelsonjt@Domain.Removed<mailto:nelsonjt@Domain.Removed>>
Subject: RE: [Lapack] LAPACK and INTEL MKL
Date: May 6, 2014 at 6:17:56 AM MDT
To: "'Kobotov, Alexander V'"
<alexander.v.kobotov@Domain.Removed<mailto:alexander.v.kobotov@Domain.Removed>>,
 "Langou, Julien"
<Julien.Langou@Domain.Removed<mailto:Julien.Langou@Domain.Removed>>
Cc: "'Kuznetsov, Sergey V'"
<sergey.v.kuznetsov@Domain.Removed<mailto:sergey.v.kuznetsov@Domain.Removed>>,
"'Mozartova, Nadezhda'"
<nadezhda.mozartova@Domain.Removed<mailto:nadezhda.mozartova@Domain.Removed>>,
"'Arturov, Konstantin I'"
<konstantin.i.arturov@Domain.Removed<mailto:konstantin.i.arturov@Domain.Removed>>

All:

I was in error!!!  (Late night programming!)

INTEL MKL:
Intel Math Kernel Library 11.0.5 Reference Manual:

call dgbsvxx( fact, trans, n, kl, ku, nrhs, ab, ldab, afb, ldafb, ipiv, equed,
r, c, b, ldb, x, ldx, rcond, rpvgrw, berr, n_err_bnds,
err_bnds_norm,err_bnds_comp, nparams, params, work, IWORK, info )

call cgbsvxx( fact, trans, n, kl, ku, nrhs, ab, ldab, afb, ldafb, ipiv, equed,
r, c, b, ldb, x, ldx, rcond, rpvgrw, berr, n_err_bnds,
err_bnds_norm,err_bnds_comp, nparams, params, work, RWORK, info )

I see that DGBSVXX uses the INTEGER working vector IWORK, and CGBSVXX uses the
REAL working vector RWORK in both MKL and LAPACK_3.5.0.  I was confused and
stand corrected.  I did not expect the subroutines to be different.

EQUED is declared CHARACTER in both LAPACK_3.5.0 and MKL packages as well!!!
Must have been dreaming when coding.

NOTE:

Call to CGBSVXX with INTEGER IWORK and LOGICAL EQUED compiled and linked
without glitch in INTEL FORTRAN, despite error in declarations.  Program ran
without error as well, as I suppose it should.

COMPAQ DIGITAL Fortran 6.6 linker tripped on LOGICAL EQUED when linking CGBSVXX
from LAPAC_3.5.0.  Would not recognize CGBSVXX.  In any case, unable to link
code due to missing BLAS routines.  No longer attempting to use LAPAC_3.5.0
with CVF.

Thank you for correcting me!!!

No need to respond.

James Nelson