LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] totally confused about lapack

Hi Horace,
Indeed build LAPACK for Windows is tricky.
I need a little bit more information.
What development platform are you using on your Windows machine?

I would give a try to the CMAKE build, it will propose all kind of builds for
your machine.
We are working on creating Video tutorials for LAPACK
here is one for CMAKE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U5bDOwOK0c

LAPACK is a fortran based Library, so you need a Fortran compiler on your
machine.
From Windows, you can use the Fortran compiler shipped with Mingw, Cygwin, or
the INTEL Fortran Compiler (Commercial Compiler)
A BLAS library  is mandatory to run LAPACK - We ship the Reference BLAS library
with LAPACK, This is very good to test your program. Nonetheless, the Reference
BLAS will give you poor performance. Best is to use one of the optimized BLAS
library (Intel MKL, ACML, Atlas, etc.)
LAPACKE is the new C wrapper for LAPACK - It is also shipped with the LAPACK
library. It allows you to interface easily with your C program when you call
LAPACK routines.

Hope it helps
Julie