LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK 3.5 -- xSYSV_ROOK

Hi LAPACK team,

It is great to see that LDL^T with rook pivoting made it into LAPACK 3.5.

I observed that xSYTRI_ROOK and xSYTRS_ROOK use only level 2 BLAS similar to
xSYTRI and xSYTRS.  However, I have not found the level three BLAS counterpart
of xSYTRI2 and xSYTRS2. This is an issue for MATLAB, as customers, not
surprisingly, have found the performance of xSYTRI  not acceptable for large
matrices. This will be the same for xSYTRI_ROOK. I am wondering what your plan
is for applying what is done in xSYTRI2 to rook pivoting.

Regards,
---Bobby Cheng