LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] Question for LAPACK team regarding CLAPACK conversation to c++

Hello LAPACK team,

I am writing with a question about conversion of the CLAPACK files.
(CLAPACK?3.2.1).   I sincerely appreciate the help from my recent question
about LAPACK.  Those who responded, directed me to the dgels(?) function
and I have been working through the changes necessary to convert the
dgels(?) function and all related functions to c++11.  So far, I have
converted 38 .c files that I?ve converted, and saved as .h files, and have
included them in my dgels(?) test file.  It?s no small task.

I have come across references to file s_cmp(?) function in file s_cmp.c .
That  function includes a variable type of ?ftnlen?.

The prototype is ?

*integer s_cmp(char *a0, char *b0, ftnlen la, ftnlen lb)*

My question is, what is ftnlen, and what is a ftnlen type equivalent for
c++11?  As far as I know, c++11 has no equivalent type.

Thank you very much.

Keith Greiner