Subject:        ACM Awards Announced
Date:   Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:26:05 +0000
From:   Rosemary McGuinness <mcguinness@Domain.Removed>
To:     FELLOWS@Domain.Removed

We are pleased to announce the 2014 recipients for the following five
awards ? additional information, including the link to the press
release, is available on: http://technical-awards.acm.org :

Grace Murray Hopper Award:

Sylvia Ratnasamy, University of California, Berkeley:

                 For her seminal work on distributed hash tables, a
fundamental contribution to the design of large-scale distributed and
decentralized computing systems.

Paris Kanellakis Theory and Practice Award:

James Demmel, University of California, Berkeley:

For contributions to algorithms and software for numerical linear
algebra used in scientific computing and large-scale data analysis.

Karl V. Karlstrom Outstanding Educator Award:

William A. Wulf, University of Virginia, Professor Emeritus:

For contributions as a teacher, author, and national leader who focused
attention and changed the national education agenda and in the process
supported the needs of underserved and under-represented students.

Eugene L. Lawler Award for Humanitarian Contributions within Computer
Science and Informatics:

Robin Roberson Murphy, Texas A&M University:

For pioneering work in humanitarian disaster response through search
and rescue robotics, to the benefit of both survivors and responders.

ACM-AAAI Allen Newell Award:

Jon Kleinberg, Cornell University:
For groundbreaking work in computer science in areas including social
and information networks, information retrieval, and data science, and
for bridging computing, economics and the social sciences.