LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] building lapack

I am able to successfully build lapack using the cmakelists.txt and a
cmake call, but I was struggling to use the packaged Makefile successfully.

It errors out during a link phase when it cannot find a library it is
looking for.

mainly, my issue stems from the fact that the cmake setup doesn't tell
the compiler to use -fPIC when it ought to, and other programs
attempting to link to the lapack library simply can't and end up causing
a compiler error.

gfortran: error: libblas.a: No such file or directory
Makeblat1:47: recipe for target '../xblat1s' failed
make[1]: *** [../xblat1s] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/UCHC/HPC/Gooch/biotoolmodules/lapack/src/lapack-3.5.0/BLAS/TESTING'
Makefile:57: recipe for target 'blas_testing' failed
make: *** [blas_testing] Error 2

so now i'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the -fPIC flag
properly using the cmake calls.