LAPACK Archives

[Lapack] LAPACK infrastructure

Hi everyone,

I'm working quite a bit in open-source numerical software, mostly
contributing to the projects I'm using (e.g., Trilinos, FEniCS, NumPy, as
of recently LAPACK,...). The contribution processes typically differ from
project to project, and one thing I have to say is that the e-mailing of
patches forth and back as it is done for LAPACK appears somewhat difficult
and archaic in comparison to all other projects.

Hence, I would like to encourage a discussion about a reasonable
modernization of infrastructure, making it easier to follow up on bugs/new
features, and of course to encourage contributions.

Cheers,
Nico