ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] Is there a version of PDLASET that doesn't affect the diagon

Hi Rick,

you may call PDLASET in the following way to get what you want:

CALL PDLASET( 'Lower triangular', M-1, M-1, ZERO, ZERO, A,
     $                 IA+1, JA, DESCA )

This call will make A in upper Hessenberg form (given that the upper
triangular part, including the diagonal, contains something nonzero).

Hope that helps,
Robert Granat

Rick Muller wrote:

I'm interested in using the PDLASET routine to only zero the lower
triangle of a matrix, and *not* the diagonal itself. Is there a
routine (or a way to call PDLASET) that does this? I've been hunting
through the ScaLAPACK source, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks in advance...

Rick

Rick Muller
rmuller@Domain.Removed <mailto:rmuller@Domain.Removed>

Robert Granat
Department of Computing Science
Ume? University
SE-90187 Sweden
Phone: +46(0)907866129
Cellular phone: +46(0)733429554
Email: granat@Domain.Removed
WWW: http://www.cs.umu.se/~granat/index.html

Proverb of today: "Don't worry, it is only
a matrix!" (Author unknown)