ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] using subroutines scalapack

Dear Mr/Ms,

I am a dutch student and on this moment I'm following a traineeship at
TNO. TNO has a cluster to compute parallel problems. One of my tasks is
to find out which libraries can be used for parallel computing, for
example solving a system of lineair equations.

I have tried to use the subroutine PSGESV but it still doesn't work. The
problem is that I don't know how exactly work the subroutines DESCINIT
and PSGESV.

Imagine, we have the system of lineair equations Ax=B with:

        1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9           285
        -1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9          283
        1 -2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9          277
        1 2 -3 4 5 6 7 8 9          267
A  =    1 2 3 -4 5 6 7 8 9      B = 253
        1 2 3 4 -5 6 7 8 9          235
        1 2 3 4 5 -6 7 8 9          213
        1 2 3 4 5 6 -7 8 9          187
        1 2 3 4 5 6 7 -8 9          157

Processgrid: (1,4)
Blocksize  : (2,2)

My question is: what are the values from the arguments from the
subroutines DESCINIT and PSGESV (in Fortran 90)?

On the Internet, I've seen many examples of PSGESV but I still don't
understand how I can solve this system of lineair equations.

I hope so much that you can help me further! Would you please help me?

Kind regards,

Peter Keereweer
peter.keereweer@Domain.Removed

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at
http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html