ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] using subroutines scalapack

Dear Peter,

Have you also looked at
http://acts.nersc.gov/scalapack/hands-on/datadist.html
and
http://acts.nersc.gov/scalapack/hands-on ?
The former shows how the block cyclic distribution required by
ScaLAPACK works, the second contains examples that may help you
understand how to set the array descriptors (that is what DESCINIT does).

I hope this helps,

Osni

Dear Mr/Ms,

I am a dutch student and on this moment I'm following a traineeship at
TNO. TNO has a cluster to compute parallel problems. One of my tasks is
to find out which libraries can be used for parallel computing, for
example solving a system of lineair equations.

I have tried to use the subroutine PSGESV but it still doesn't work. The
problem is that I don't know how exactly work the subroutines DESCINIT
and PSGESV.

Imagine, we have the system of lineair equations Ax=B with:

      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9           285
      -1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9          283
      1 -2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9          277
      1 2 -3 4 5 6 7 8 9          267
A  =  1 2 3 -4 5 6 7 8 9      B = 253
      1 2 3 4 -5 6 7 8 9          235
      1 2 3 4 5 -6 7 8 9          213
      1 2 3 4 5 6 -7 8 9          187
      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 -8 9          157

Processgrid: (1,4)
Blocksize  : (2,2)

My question is: what are the values from the arguments from the
subroutines DESCINIT and PSGESV (in Fortran 90)?

On the Internet, I've seen many examples of PSGESV but I still don't
understand how I can solve this system of lineair equations.

I hope so much that you can help me further! Would you please help me?

Kind regards,

Peter Keereweer
peter.keereweer@Domain.Removed

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at
http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html