ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] mpi/scalapack combined example

  Hi
    I have not been able to find, nor have I successfully managed to
create ,a simple example that uses MPI and scalapack together (on 64
bit Opteron system using PGI6.2).
What I have is an MPI code which needs to call scalapack for the
linear algebra part. So I set the world communicator  with the usual mpi
calls. Then I split the world communicator into separate
communicators, one of which i want to use for blacs/scalapack and the
other is to be used in MPI
routines at the same time. IS there a working  example of this available?.

  I have tried

       CALL MPI_Init(mpiierr)
       CALL MPI_COMM_RANK(MPI_COMM_WORLD,myid,mpiierr) !get processor id
       CALL MPI_COMM_SIZE( MPI_COMM_WORLD, numprocs, mpiierr )
       ALLOCATE(group_no(numprocs))
       group_no(myid)=1
       if(myid .lt. numprocs/no_groups)group_no(myid) = 0

       CALL  MPI_Comm_split(MPI_COMM_WORLD,group_no(myid),myid,new_comm,mpiierr)

        CALL BLACS_GET(new_comm,10, ICTXT )

         print *,'in blacs section,myid=',myid
       CALL BLACS_GRIDINIT(ICTXT, 'Row', NPROW, NPCOL)
       CALL BLACS_GRIDINFO( ICTXT, NPROW, NPCOL, MYROW, MYCOL )

      snip....

   but the print statment will never get executed (It appears that
  the call to BLACS_GET terminates the program without any error messages.

  Should this work? Or am  I off on the wrong tangent?
  Could there be a 32/64 bit pointer issue?

  Thanks in advance

   Holger