ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] BLACS configuration, PETSc MPICH

Hello.  I am trying to get the BLACS routines to successfully test on
my machine.
I have PETSc installed, which includes a version of MPICH

I have changed (in the variables

MPIdir = '/petsc.../externalpackages/mpich-x.x./darwin-c-.../

which contains the /lib /bin and /include directories.
The /bin contains mpcc, mpif77, mpich2version, mpiexec
The /lib contains libfmpich.a, libmpich.a, libpmpich.a
The /include contains mpi.h, mpif.h, mpio.h, mpiof.h, mpi_thread.h

I have changed MPILIBDir = $(MPIDir)/lib
I have changed MPIINCDir = $(MPIDir)/include
I have changed MPILIB = $(MPILIBDir)/libmpich.a

I have changed F77 = g77

When I try to run
make xsyserrors in the BLACS/INSTALL directory, I get the errors

[briangrierson at Brian-Griersons-Computer INSTALL]$make xsyserrors
gcc  -o /Users/briangrierson/BLACS/INSTALL/EXE/xsyserrors
syserrors.o /petsc-2.3.2-p8/externalpackages/mpich2-1.0.4p1/
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/Users/briangrierson/BLACS/INSTALL/EXE/xsyserrors] Error 1

And I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I've tried just $make mpi from BLACS/, and it will run fine.
Then, when I try $make from BLACS/TESTING I get a ton of compile
errors with the fortran compiler.

Brian A. Grierson

Department of Applied Physics
Columbia University