ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] Problem running BLACS tests

Ritika,
Did you try to run the BLACS tests with the Windows Job Cluster manager?
Do you have an output file other than the error file? If yes, could
you send it?
Thanks
Julie

On Jul 11, 2007, at 9:01 AM, Ritika Garg wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to build BLACS using PGI compiler. It is getting built
successfully. The tests are also built successfully. But when I try
to execute the tests, I get the following error:

D:\HPCMigration\Neelu\Projects\NativePort\winbuild\Windows_Build
\BLACS\TESTING\EXE>mpiexec -n 4 xCbtest_MPI-WIN64-0.exe

BLACS WARNING 'No need to set message ID range due to MPI
communicator.'
from {-1,-1}, pnum=2, Contxt=-1, on line 18 of file 'blacs_set_.c'.
{0,2}, pnum=2, Contxt=0, killed other procs, exiting with error #-1.

job aborted:
rank: node: exit code: message
0: optron: terminated
1: optron: terminated
2: optron: -1: aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD, error -1, comm rank 2
3: optron: terminated
---- error analysis -----
2: xCbtest_MPI-WIN64-0.exe aborted the job on optron. abort code -1
---- error analysis -----

The same error I get for xFbtest_MPI-WIN64-0.exe. Can you please
suggest me what can be the possible problem and how can I solve it?
I am attaching my Bmake.inc file for reference.

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and
confidential information which is the property of Persistent
Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print,
distribute or use this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all
copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not
accept any liability for virus infected mails.

#=====================================================================
========
#====================== SECTION 1: PATHS AND LIBRARIES
=======================
#=====================================================================
========
#  The following macros specify the name and location of libraries
required by
#  the BLACS and its tester.
# Julie Langou - Windows Built - June 2007
#=====================================================================
========

#  --------------------------------------
#  Make sure we've got a consistent shell
#  --------------------------------------
SHELL = cmd /Q /C

#  --------------------------------------
#  Delete command
#  --------------------------------------
DEL =del /Q

#  --------------------------------------
#  Rename command
#  --------------------------------------
REN =ren

#  --------------------------------------
#  Copy command
#  --------------------------------------
CPY =copy /Y

#  --------------------------------------
#  Type command
#  --------------------------------------
TYP =type

#  -----------------------------
#  The top level BLACS directory
#  -----------------------------
BTOPdir =$(BLACS_HOME)

#
-----
#  The communication library your BLACS have been written for.
#  Known choices (and the machines they run on) are:
#
#     COMMLIB   MACHINE
#     .......   ......................................................
#     CMMD      Thinking Machine's CM-5
#     MPI       Wide variety of systems
#     MPL       IBM's SP series (SP1 and SP2)
#     NX        Intel's supercomputer series (iPSC2, iPSC/860,
DELTA, PARAGON)
#     PVM       Most unix machines; See PVM User's Guide for details
#
-----
COMMLIB = MPI

#  -------------------------------------------------------------
#  The platform identifier to suffix to the end of library names
#  -------------------------------------------------------------
PLAT = WIN64

#  ----------------------------------------------------------
#  Name and location of the BLACS library.  See section 2 for
#  details on BLACS debug level (BLACSDBGLVL).
#  ----------------------------------------------------------
BLACSdir    = $(BTOPdir)\LIB
BLACSDBGLVL = 0
BLACSFINIT  ="$(BLACSdir)\blacsF77init_$(COMMLIB)-$(PLAT)-$
(BLACSDBGLVL).lib"
BLACSCINIT  ="$(BLACSdir)\blacsCinit_$(COMMLIB)-$(PLAT)-$
(BLACSDBGLVL).lib"
BLACSLIB    ="$(BLACSdir)\blacs_$(COMMLIB)-$(PLAT)-$(BLACSDBGLVL).lib"

#  -------------------------------------
#  Name and location of the MPI library.
#  -------------------------------------
MPIdir =$(CCP_HOME)
MPIplat =WIN64
MPILIBdir =$(CCP_HOME)Lib\amd64
MPIINCdir =$(CCP_HOME)Include
MPIFINCdir =$(CCP_HOME)Include\amd64
#MPIFINCdir =$(CCP_HOME)Include
MPILIB =$(MPILIBdir)\msmpi.lib

#  -------------------------------------
#  All libraries required by the tester.
#  -------------------------------------
BTLIBS ="$(BLACSFINIT)" "$(BLACSLIB)" "$(BLACSFINIT)" "$(MPILIB)"

#  ----------------------------------------------------------------
#  The directory to put the installation help routines' executables
#  ----------------------------------------------------------------
INSTdir = $(BTOPdir)\INSTALL\EXE

#  ------------------------------------------------
#  The name and location of the tester's executable
#  ------------------------------------------------
TESTdir =$(BTOPdir)\TESTING\EXE
FTESTexe ="$(TESTdir)\xFbtest_$(COMMLIB)-$(PLAT)-$(BLACSDBGLVL).exe"
CTESTexe ="$(TESTdir)\xCbtest_$(COMMLIB)-$(PLAT)-$(BLACSDBGLVL).exe"
#=====================================================================
========
#=============================== End SECTION 1
===============================
#=====================================================================
========

#=====================================================================
========
#========================= SECTION 2: BLACS INTERNALS
========================
#=====================================================================
========
#  The following macro definitions set preprocessor values for the
BLACS.
#  The file Bconfig.h sets these values if they are not set by the
makefile.
#  User's compiling only the tester can skip this entire section.
#  NOTE: The MPI defaults have been set for MPICH.
#=====================================================================
========

#
-
#  The directory to find the required communication library include
files,
#  if they are required by your system.
#
-
#SYSINC =/I"$(MPIINCdir)" /I"$(MPIFINCdir)"
SYSINC =-I"$(MPIINCdir)" -I"$(MPIFINCdir)"

#
-----
#  The Fortran 77 to C interface to be used.  If you are unsure of
the correct
#  setting for your platform, compile and run BLACS/INSTALL/xintface.
#  Choices are: Add_, NoChange, UpCase, or f77IsF2C.
#
-----
#INTFACE = /DAdd_
INTFACE = -DAdd_

#
#  Allows the user to vary the topologies that the BLACS default
topologies
#  (TOP = ' ') correspond to.  If you wish to use a particular
topology
#  (as opposed to letting the BLACS make the choice), uncomment the
#  following macros, and replace the character in single quotes
with the
#  topology of your choice.
#
#DEFBSTOP   =/DDefBSTop="'1'"
#DEFCOMBTOP =/DDefCombTop="'1'"

#  -------------------------------------------------------------------
#  If your MPI_Send is locally-blocking, substitute the following line
#  for the empty macro definition below.
#  SENDIS =/DSndIsLocBlk
#  -------------------------------------------------------------------
#SENDIS =/DSndIsLocBlk
SENDIS =

#
#  If your MPI handles packing of non-contiguous messages by
copying to
#  another buffer or sending extra bytes, better performance may be
#  obtained by replacing the empty macro definition below with the
#  macro definition on the following line.
#  BUFF =/DNoMpiBuff
#
BUFF =

#
-
#  If you know something about your system, you may make it easier
for the
#  BLACS to translate between C and fortran communicators.  If the
empty
#  macro defininition is left alone, this translation will cause the C
#  BLACS to globally block for MPI_COMM_WORLD on calls to
BLACS_GRIDINIT
#  and BLACS_GRIDMAP.  If you choose one of the options for
translating
#  the context, neither the C or fortran calls will globally block.
#  If you are using MPICH, or a derivitive system, you can replace the
#  empty macro definition below with the following (note that if
you let
#  MPICH do the translation between C and fortran, you must also
indicate
#  here if your system has pointers that are longer than integers.
If so,
#  define -DPOINTER_64_BITS=1.)  For help on setting TRANSCOMM, you
can
#  run BLACS/INSTALL/xtc_CsameF77 and BLACS/INSTALL/xtc_UseMpich as
#  explained in BLACS/INSTALL/README.
#  TRANSCOMM = /DUseMpich
#
#  If you know that your MPI uses the same handles for fortran and C
#  communicators, you can replace the empty macro definition below
with
#  the macro definition on the following line.
#  TRANSCOMM = /DCSameF77
#
-
#TRANSCOMM =/DUseMpich
TRANSCOMM = -DUseMpich
#TRANSCOMM = /DCSameF77
#TRANSCOMM =
#
----
#  You may choose to have the BLACS internally call either the C or
Fortran77
#  interface to MPI by varying the following macro.  If TRANSCOMM
is left
#  empty, the C interface BLACS_GRIDMAP/BLACS_GRIDINIT will
globally-block if
#  you choose to use the fortran internals, and the fortran
interface will
#  block if you choose to use the C internals.  It is recommended
that the
#  user leave this macro definition blank, unless there is a strong
reason
#  to prefer one MPI interface over the other.
#  WHATMPI =/DUseF77Mpi
#  WHATMPI =/DUseCMpi
#
----
WHATMPI =

#
-----
#  Some early versions of MPICH and its derivatives cannot handle
user defined
#  zero byte data types.  If your system has this problem (compile
and run
#  BLACS/INSTALL/xsyserrors to check if unsure), replace the empty
macro
#  definition below with the macro definition on the following line.
#  SYSERRORS = /DZeroByteTypeBug
#
-----
SYSERRORS =

#  ------------------------------------------------------------------
#  These macros set the debug level for the BLACS.  The fastest
#  code is produced by BlacsDebugLvl 0.  Higher levels provide
#  more debug information at the cost of performance.  Present levels
#  of debug are:
#  0 : No debug information
#  1 : Mainly parameter checking.
#  ------------------------------------------------------------------
#DEBUGLVL = /DBlacsDebugLvl=$(BLACSDBGLVL)
DEBUGLVL = -DBlacsDebugLvl=$(BLACSDBGLVL)
#
---
#  All BLACS definitions needed for compile (DEFS1 contains
definitions used
#  by all BLACS versions).
#
---
#DEFS1 = /DSYSINC $(SYSINC) $(INTFACE) $(DEFBSTOP) $(DEFCOMBTOP) $
(DEBUGLVL)
DEFS1 = -DSYSINC $(SYSINC) $(INTFACE) $(DEFBSTOP) $(DEFCOMBTOP) $
(DEBUGLVL)
BLACSDEFS = $(DEFS1) $(SENDIS) $(BUFF) $(TRANSCOMM) $(WHATMPI) $
(SYSERRORS)
#=====================================================================
========
#=============================== End SECTION 2
===============================
#=====================================================================
========

#=====================================================================
========
#=========================== SECTION 3: COMPILERS
============================
#=====================================================================
========
#  The following macros specify compilers, linker/loaders, the
archiver,
#  and their options.  Some of the fortran files need to be
compiled with no
#  optimization.  This is the F77NO_OPTFLAG.  The usage of the
remaining
#  macros should be obvious from the names.
#=====================================================================
========
#F77            = pgf90
#F77            = pgf77
F77            = pgf95
F77NO_OPTFLAGS = -tp=amd64 -fast -Mipa=fast
F77FLAGS       = $(F77NO_OPTFLAGS)
F77LOADER      = $(F77)
F77LOADFLAGS   =
n=
F77OUTOBJFLAG  = -o $(n)
F77COMPILEONLYFLAG = -c
#CC             = icl.exe /nologo
CC             = pgcc
CCFLAGS        = -O3
CCLOADER       = $(CC)
CCLOADFLAGS    =
#COMPILEONLYFLAG = /c
#OUTOBJFLAG     = /Fo
COMPILEONLYFLAG = -c
OUTOBJFLAG     = -o
OUTEXEFLAG     = -o $(n)

#
----
#  The archiver and the flag(s) to use when building an archive
(library).
#  Also the ranlib routine.  If your system has no ranlib, set
RANLIB = echo.
#
----
ARCH      = xilib.exe