ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] BLACs usage

Hey,

I am trying to build PETSc with MUMPS.

MUMPS requires Scalapack, which is already installed, and to which I am
pointing when configuring PETSc (and which do not appear to be causing
any problem):

--with-scalapack-lib=blahblahblah
--with-scalapack-include=blahblahblah

Next, I am told that I need to also specify BLACs (or request for it to be
downloaded and installed).

There is an existing BLACs installation, with files "libblacs.a",
"libblacsCinit.a", and "libblacsF77init.a".

Simply pointing to the former, as with

--with-blacs-lib=blahblah

does not work.  Is it easy to explain how one is expected to link with the
BLACs?  Do I include one (or both) of the other libraries?  Does it matter
which order?

Thanks,

        -Tom Cortese