ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] The error in the Example Program #1 in Scalapack User's guid

Sunny, thank you for pointing that out.
We already noticed it and this will be corrected in the next edition
of the User Guide.
Julie
On Jul 18, 2007, at 3:38 PM, park199@Domain.Removed wrote:

To whom it may concern:

I'm Sunny Park and I'm doing a research in Purdue University.
Recently, I'm
modifying our big code using the ScaLAPACK in order to get the
efficiency.
While I'm solving same matrix as the posted on your website
(http://www.netlib.org/scalapack/slug/
node28.html#SECTION04230000000000000000
), I find that your solution is not right because your local matrix
is not
right. In the process grid(1,0), 'C' should be '-C'. If you check
this linear
system with your answer, you will find out that your answer is not
right.
(Please check the 8th line in matrix A with your answer. it's not
zero)

I am not sure you already know this fact. Although you might know
this, I just
would like to let you know this not to make a person who spend a
whole week to
debug their code comparing with the posted example like me.

Thanks.

P.S. I always appreciate such a nice Scalapack.