ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] BLACs usage

Hello Tom,

it's a good idea to install PETSc with MUMPS, doing so you'll have MUMPS,
BLACS and ScaLAPACK installed as well. Installing MUMPS is not trivial due
to various possible settings in the BLACS and ScaLAPACK and MUMPS.

My recommended way to go for you would be to install MUMPS with PETSc by
using the --download-mumps=1 --download-scalapack=1 --download-blacs=1
(or something like this). Then you might fight a little more with the
fortran compiler (needed for MUMPS and used for LAPACK). But that's not
that hard.

PETSc guys have been a fairly good job of setting all the flags right
automatically. So the advice would be to use their job.

Julien.