ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] Problem report on MPI BLACS 1.1p3

Dear BLACS developers,

I have been using MPI BLACS 1.1p3 together with ScaLAPACK 1.7.4
on several MPI-based computing environments.  First of all, thank you
for providing these valuable pieces of software.

I am writing this to let you know a problem I found in
BLACS/INSTALL/Makefile that the "clean" target (i.e. make clean)
does not remove a symbolic link to mpif.h.

I use several pairs of compilers and MPI libraries with which I build
BLACS from the same source tree.  After I build EXE/xfmpi_sane with
an MPI library for example, a symbolic link to mpif.h in the library is
made in the INSTALL directory.  The link will be left undeleted even after
I do "make clean" and switch to another MPI library, making the results
of MPI-related tests really confusing.

I hope this problem will be fixed in a future release of BLACS, which
helps the new users of BLACS a lot.

Best regards,

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama@Domain.Removed>