ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] scalapack and blacs for x86_64 running linux

Dear Scalapack authors,

I am trying to get scalapack running on a 64 bit architecture cluster
running linux (which can also run 32-bit compiled codes, but we prefer
64 bit compilation, if we can).

I downloaded the suggested source codes from the hyperlinks in the users
manuals for the various needed packages:

mpich-1.2.7p1
scalapack-1.8.0
blas March 2007
blacs v1.1

I managed to compile all the libraries one wahy or another, but the
tester codes for the packages (scalapack, blacs) do not compile at all.
First of all, when i compiled (using g77), i got incompatibility
warnings, such as:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: i386 architecture of input file
`/afs/cern.ch/atlas/maxidisk/d63/code//scalapack_LINUX.a(descinit.o)' is
incompatible with i386:x86-64 output...

I think what is happening is that since our machines are 64 bit
architecture, I do not know how to make the codes compatible with this
architecture.

Please could you help us with the issue? I would very much appreciate if
you could tell me whether I have the compatible versions of the packages
and what the solution would be to get the code working on our machines
(details below). Please let us know if you need more information to be
able to help us.

Many thanks!
Best,
Muge

$ uname -a
Linux lxplus208.cern.ch 2.6.9-67.0.15.EL.cernsmp #1 SMP Thu May 8
11:28:51 CEST 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
Dr. Muge Karagoz Unel
Oxford University                          +44 (0) 1865 273 410 W