ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] Compiling OOC LAPACK for Windows

Windows provided its own MPI implementation, and you can also find
version of MPICH2. (LAPACK does not need MPI)

MPICH2 compiles easily under Cygwin. Thereafter, compiling OOC LAPACK
was quite straightforward, but I had to comment out line 303 of laread.c

extern void bzero(void *b, int length);

because of an error regarding incompatible function arguments or
something of the sort. The other change I had to make was to the
makefile(?) SLmake.inc, where I had to remove the -n32 flag that was
unsupported (only caused warnings), and -E flag which caused the build
process to spew endless lines of source code -- no doubt these are
Cygwin issues.

Thereafter I renamed the library from *.a to *.lib and it linked fine
with the source and GotoBLAS in the visual studio (.NET 2003)
environment. However, its performance was pretty much the same as the
basic LAPACK. I'm not sure if this is the performance observed by anyone
that's tested OOC LAPACK. Perhaps there's something wrong with the way I
built the library, or there's something I've left out.

Anyway, I guess I'll stick with the basic LAPACK as its giving good results.