ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] Reg: PDSYEV

PDSYEV:
(1) Scale matrix to allowable range, if necessary.
(2) Reduce symmetric matrix to tridiagonal form (with Householder
transform)
(3) peform Symmetric QR algorithm on the tridiag matrix
(4) If matrix was scaled, then rescale eigenvalues appropriately.

To know more about these algorithm, please read [Trefethen and
Bau], [Golub and van Loan] and [Demmel]. The ScaLAPACK source code is
also somewhat readable.

--julien.