From: julie langou <julie@Domain.Removed>
Date: Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:43 am
Subject: Re: [Scalapack] Installer 0.96 problem: Missing required environmental
variable MPIRUN_RANK
To: MORRIS LAW <morris@Domain.Removed>
Cc: scalapack@Domain.Removed

Morris,
 It is a problem of installation of your MVAPITCH.
 This is most likely a user setup issue for mvapich; the documentation
for that package should describe the run time set up and requirements.
 Googling "Missing required environment variable: MPIRUN_RANK"  gives
many many interesting links.
 If you cannot fix your installation problem , you can try to take a
look at openmpi that has a smooth installation. (http://www.open-mpi.org/)
 Regards,
 Julie Langou

 On Apr 6, 2010, at 9:25 PM, MORRIS LAW wrote:

 > Dear Scalapack development team,
 >
 > I encountered a problem when compiling scalapack using the
scalapack_installer 0.96.

 > After I run the following scripts,
 >
 > ./setup.py --downblas --downlapack --f90=ifort
 >
 > It always returned error complaining missing environmental variable
MPIRUN_RANK with different mpich and compilers.   Below you can find
an example.    How can I get rid of the error?