ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] Communication complexity on PBLAS routines

I was doing some research on parallel algorithms for linear algebra and was
curious about how communication complexity?is typically?measured.

Is there a good paper that evaluates the communication complexity or
communication requirements of the PBLAS routines?? I've found a number of
papers that discuss the computational compleixty and overall efficiency of
SCALAPACK and PBLAS but I was hoping there was some literature that gave a
detailed?discussion of?the communication requirements of the algorithms.?

I'm mainly focused on LU-decomposition so the PDGETF2, PDTRSM and PDGEMM
routines.

Thanks
Ken Habgood