ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] Regarding Scalapack.

Dear Sir,
I would like know following things.
I want to use   SUBROUTINE PZHEGVX and PZHEEVX  (
http://www.netlib.org/scalapack/complex16/).

 I have a Quad core computer with 8GB RAM.
Right now I can go upto 2^12 by 2^12 matrix diagonalization since each
process uses only 1 core .  Will scalapack can be used here to diagonalise
higher dimensional matrices.
Since I am using only one computer should I make use of MPI and scalapack?

Also while compiling lapack subroutine one uses " gfortran  file.f
-llapack  -lblas" command in terminal. what is corresponding command when
one wants to use  scalapack with MPI or PVM subroutine.  Also will
scalapack  contain Lapack Libraries as default?

Thanks.
Uday.