ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] determinism in pzheevd

Dear Nichols,

Thank you for pointing out this issue.  I believe you are correct that it is
the BLACS routine BI_TreeComb that is not deterministic and causing the
irreproducibility you are seeing in PZHEEVD.  I do not know of another version
that produces consistent results on the same processor configurations.  It is
possible, however, that we may add this functionality to a future version of
ScaLAPACK.

Regards,

Rodney

On Nov 20, 2012, at 11:05 AM, "Nichols A. Romero" <naromero@Domain.Removed>