ScaLAPACK Archives

[Scalapack] ScaLAPACK Installation Issue

Hello,

I am trying to install ScaLAPACK 2.0.2 on my Macbook Pro (OSX) and my
installation is taking frozen (waiting several hours) on the  ?Running BLACS
test routines..? stage.  When I ran the setup.py I used ??downall", because I
had trouble linking my BLAS and LAPACK libraries. Before, i did ?python
setup.py ?lapacklib=DIRECTORY?, where I gave the directory to my installation
of LAPACK, but ScaLAPACK complained:

Checking if the provided LAPACK (/Users/weston8/INSTALL/lapack-3.5.0) contains
BLAS

BLAS library is set to /Users/weston8/INSTALL/lapack-3.5.0

Checking if provided BLAS works...

BLAS: provided BLAS cannot be used! aborting...

error is:

gfortran -o tmpf tmpf.f /Users/weston8/INSTALL/lapack-3.5.0  -lm

collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault: 11]

ld: can't map file, errno=22 file '/Users/weston8/INSTALL/lapack-3.5.0' for
architecture x86_64

In my LAPACK directory is a BLAS directory and I?m not sure why it is
complaining. But I?m guessing that my BLACS test routine is taking forever
because I downloaded BLAS through ScaLAPACK. Any help would be appreciated.

best,
Brian