Response #1: 2005-08-11
1. Is dense linear algebra a performance bottleneck in your applications?
2. How often do your applications use the arithmetic precisions listed below:
3. What dense matrix sizes are most important or time-consuming for your application?
4. Does your application come close to, or run out of memory on important problems?
5. Number of processors used for your application:
6. Which architectures do you use or intend to use in the next three years?
7. Do you use any other sequential or parallel dense linear algebra packages other than LAPACK or ScaLAPACK?
8. Please rank how the following features would be useful to your current or planned applications?
9. Do your applications solve linear algebra problems of the type?
1. Do you use LAPACK (or a vendor version of LAPACK )?
4. If you use LAPACK, do you use a vendors version or one obtained directly from Netlib?
6. Do your applications make direct LAPACK calls?
7. Do your applications use libraries which depend on LAPACK?
8. Do your applications use a higher-level interface to LAPACK?
10. Is the LAPACK procedure interface a barrier to more extensive use?
11. From which languages do you call LAPACK routines?
13. How could the LAPACK interface be improved to feel more natural to your application and implementation language?
14. If you have installed LAPACK yourself, how could the installation process be improved?
15. How frequently do you refer to the LAPACK Users Guide?
16. What information in the LAPACK guide is hard to find or is missing, if any?
15. How frequently do you refer to the ScaLAPACK Users Guide?
Targeted Environment Specifics