Error compiling ScaLAPACK with MSYS2/Mingw-w64/MS-MPI

Post here if you are having problem installing LAPACK on a Windows machine

Error compiling ScaLAPACK with MSYS2/Mingw-w64/MS-MPI

Postby cyamin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:49 am

Hello,

I have successfully compiled LAPACK v3.5.0 using the mentioned configuration, using the included Makefiles and of course the necessary modifications to make.inc regarding the mingw-w64 compiler. I could not compile (for some reason) all the tests, but every test I managed to run, passed successfully.

Then I tried to compile ScaLAPACK v2.0.2 the same way, specifying similar compiler configuration and using the libmsmpi.a library created from msmpi.lib and msmpi.dll from the MS-MPI v7 package using the gendef-dlltool routine. Although the ScaLAPACK library seems to compile successfully, I get the following error in the BLACS testing part:
ScaLAPACK_compile_output.txt
(46.36 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

The errors are grouped in two: 'type mismatch(es)' and 'undefined reference(s)'. The same errors occur with MPICH2 so it is not down to MS-MPI.

If this attempt is successful, it would mean that compiling in Windows with mingw-w64 would be as simple as installing MSYS2 (with the necessary compiling packages) and using the linux Makefiles!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Costas
cyamin

Re: Error compiling ScaLAPACK with MSYS2/Mingw-w64/MS-MPI

Postby admin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:42 am

The undefined reference means he cannot find the MPI library
Did you try compiling a basic fortran MPI program?
Julie
admin
Site Admin

Postby cyamin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:09 am

Yes, I just did and it works as it should. I tried to post a more thorough post with attachments, but it gets flagged as spam.

Costas
cyamin

Postby cyamin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:51 am

Update:

I have managed to compile the BLACS tests just by addings $(LIBS) after ../../$(SCALAPACKLIB) in the /BLACS/TESTING/Makefile.

I have also run and passed all the double precision tests of ScaLAPACK. I believe you should add the MSYS2 as a compiling solution for LAPACK/ScaLAPACK in Windows/Mingw-w64. It works nearly out of the box.

Regards,
Costas
cyamin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:17 am

That is a wonderful news!
Will do. And thanks for sharing.
Julie
admin
Site Admin

Return to Windows