Any Plan of ScaLAPACK1.9 release?

Post here if you would like to submit a feature request to the LAPACK or ScaLAPACK library

Postby keitat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi,

I'd like to know if you are going to release ScaLAPCK 1.9 in near future. In particular, we are interested in Christof Voemel's parallel eigenvalue solver based on RRR. It will be great if you are going to put this in the new release package.

Thank you,

Keita
keitat

Re: Any Plan of ScaLAPACK1.9 release?

Postby admin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:33 am

Keita,
we are working on it. The plan is to have ScaLAPACK released before the end of the year but we still have some minor issues that need to be solved before we can release it.
If you need it before, just let me know.
Julie
admin
Site Admin

Postby keitat » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Julie,

I'd like to know the new features you are planning in addition to Chris's solver. Please send email to me if it is more convenient for you.

Thanks,

Keita
keitat

Postby akobotov » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:42 am

Hello Julie,

There was a publication about Packed Storage extensions for ScaLAPACK (http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~efdazedo/pubs/lpack_main.pdf). Are there any plans to have packed storage in the upcoming release (or may be later)?
The format is very demanded and promising because allows so save memory by ~2x without performance loss.

Thanks,
Alexander.
akobotov

Postby pettersmith » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:16 am

Currently i am looking for the same one and i just want to know when some new matters will be added by the admins hi hope some things will be more attractive and more usefull for the members of the public.
pettersmith

Return to Feature Request