libcomplex.a

Open discussion regarding features, bugs, issues, vendors, etc.

libcomplex.a

Postby xixi » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:58 am

Hi,

To my surprise, I can find complex.h file in /usr/include/, but i cannot find libcomplex.a in /usr/lib/ or /lib/, or even using 'find'. This phenomena happent in suse 9.3 Linux and sun4 unix. How to find the libcomplex.a?

Without libcomplex.a, liblapack++.a or liblamatrix.a,... cannot work too.

Thanks a lot

xixi
xixi

Postby Julien Langou » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:18 pm

Hello,

we are not supporting LAPACK++, (we are supporting LAPACK, CLAPACK, BLACS and ScaLAPACK).

I have warned the author of LAPACK++ (Roldan Pozo) below is his answer.

(from Roldan)
Lapack++ is an old package, written more than a decade ago, when C++ was a different language. In particular, complex numbers were not
yet defined by the ANSI C++ standard, so different compilers implemented different schemes. This is why these libraries may no longer
work.

The Lapack++ souce code is no longer supported, since the it has been superceded by the Template Numerical Toolkit interface, which has
a linear algebra interface that allows for implememtations to use Lapack/C underneath. The baseline implementation curerently
available on the TNT website uses classical algorithms, for simplicity and portability, but another implementation which uses Lapack/C
could be developed in the future.

Best wishes,
Julien Langou

NB: we are not supporting TNT neither! Let's hope that somebody that know the answer will see your post and help you out.
Julien Langou

Return to User Discussion