What files are needed and where should they be?

Open discussion regarding features, bugs, issues, vendors, etc.

What files are needed and where should they be?

Postby The Headacher » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:14 am

Hi, I've succesfully built LAPACK, after a few attempts and starting allover from scratch. That was due to user error, so no questions there. I'd very much like to know, what files I'd need to install where on my system, and how while we're at it.

I've built it on VectorLinux, in my home directory. I was thinking to install it I'd just move all the stuff in /home/me/LAPACK to /lib/LAPACK , is this correct? Also, there are a lot of files in LAPACK/TESTING and LAPACK/TIMING. Are they still needed?

In case you're wondering, I'm building LAPACK because Code Aster needs it. And I need (ok want) CodeAster, because those people at school provided me with a 100 nodes demo of femap, but that just will not do. I wonder how anyone could build a model with only 100 nodes.

Ok, I hope someone can help me, thanks in advance!
The Headacher

Postby The Headacher » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:44 am

UPDATE

I've tried to build Codeaster anyway, and it says
Code: Select all
 Unable to find file liblapack.a or liblapack.so
It's absolutely right, I can't find it either. How should these be made?

Thanks for your patience!
The Headacher

Postby The Headacher » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:17 am

Ok, after some trying it seems like the way to go is to copy lapack_LINUX.a to /lib/liblapack.a and blas_LINUX.a to /lib/libblas.a .Sorry for polluting your forum like this.
The Headacher

Postby Julien Langou » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:33 am

Yes that's it. These are the only files you need. Renaming them as liblapack.a and libblas.a is a good idea.

Note that libblas.a is an unoptimized BLAS library given for reference/testing. We do not really recommend to use it in everyday's run. You are likely to experience an important speed up if you use an optimized BLAS library instead (see FAQ#2.5).
Julien Langou

Return to User Discussion